CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

God is Good

I'm so angry at this statement's use, I don't even know how to begin! I totally with my mind, my heart, my soul and my whole strength BELIEVE in this statement. What really ticks me off is how people use this sentence.

Scenario: I'm watching Kapamilya Deal or No Deal. The player first chooses a briefcase from the 26 available and that will be used to play the game. Then comes the part where the player chooses from the remaining 25, one by one. This would reveal to the player, little by little, the chances of getting that elusive jackpot. At some points of the game, the host will talk to a mysterious shadow called the Banker, who makes an offer to the contestant. The ultimate question is asked, "Deal or No Deal?" If the player chooses deal, the offer of the Banker will be won, but if it is No Deal, the game continues until all cases are open.

Ok, so I'm not good at narrating how the game goes but after all that, I've already pulled my hair out for 3 reasons.

REASON 1

When the contestant chooses a briefcase to open, he or she starts shouting, "LOWER! LOWER!" Lower than what?! The player should shout LOW, NOT LOWER!!! What you have in that game are LOW and HIGH amounts. Not LOWER and HIGHER amounts!

REASON 2

When the contestant goes on a high amount opening streak, the host would tell the player to stop doing that and start doing well. Ok... It's a game of chance! You can't improve your performance! It's not like a basketball or soccer game where you can make adjustments on your technique or strategy. Chance is not a skill that you can practice!

REASON 3

This is in reference to the title of the post. When the player opens a low amount case, he or she, together with the host will start saying, "God is good!" Ok, as I've said before, I believe that God is good... BUT how come I don't hear that from them when they start opening high amount cases?! Whenever something good happens, all you hear is "God is good!" or "Praise God!" I'd like to hear them say that whenever times are bad!

0 comments: